Thursday 24 March 2011

Wham. Bam. Poetry Slam.



I have a strong disliking for poetry slams. They're up there with child abuse and mass murder. Well, maybe slightly below them. Slightly.

If you don't know what a "poetry slam" is and you're a complete bastard like me then you've had a lucky escape from this particular potent art form. Until now: it's a competitive form of poetry where people frequently "rap" their words to hide their emptiness.

Like Batman ("To defeat fear you must become fear"), I aim to defeat this evil by infiltrating it and corroding it from the inside. As such I have agreed to take part in a poetry slam organised by poetic pie-poker Claire Askew. The line up actually has a number of very decent poets who I'm hoping have a similar regime. They can be my Robins.

Details are:

March 30 · 7:00pm - 10:30pm

Location
The Banshee Labyrinth
Niddry Street
Edinburgh
Scotland
GB
Europe
The World
The Milky Way
The vacuum of my soul

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=154669214593910

If you come and vote for me then you too can have a part in saving Gothburgh from total annihilation.



Russell Jones

1 comment:

  1. //it's a competitive form of poetry where people frequently "rap" their words to hide their emptiness.//

    i know what you mean. us rappers are such a vacuous lot. :P

    ReplyDelete